Opera is vulnerable to several vulnerabilities which could result in
information disclosure and facilitate execution of arbitrary code.
||www-client/opera on all architectures
Opera is a multi-platform web browser.
Opera contains several vulnerabilities:
- fails to properly validate Content-Type and filename.
- fails to properly validate date: URIs.
- uses kfmclient exec as the Default Application to handle downloaded
files when integrated with KDE.
- fails to properly control frames.
- uses Sun Java packages insecurely.
- searches an insecure path for plugins.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to:
- execute arbitrary code.
- load a malicious frame in the context of another browser
- leak information.
There is no known workaround at this time.
All Opera users should upgrade to the latest version:
# emerge --sync
# emerge --ask --oneshot --verbose ">=www-client/opera-7.54-r3"
February 14, 2005
December 30, 2007: 03